We’ve come a long way from working out of a single cash box in 1954! Today, we offer a full range of financial products and services. So whether you gravitate toward the latest technology or prefer the personal touch of the face-to-face, you’ll find it at Fond du Lac Credit Union.
Because we operate out of a single branch (91 N. Pioneer Road in Fond du Lac), we get to know our members personally. One location also means all services are offered and all decisions are made under one roof. We open doors to opportunity!
We value our members. If you’re not a member yet, stop in and check us out!
- 1954 — It all started when Fond du Lac Credit Union, then called Fond du Lac City Employees Credit Union, opened in the back room of the old No. 5 Fire Station on Main Street. Serving City of Fond du Lac employees exclusively, the credit union worked out of one cash box at that time.
- 1972 — Fond du Lac City Employees Credit Union joined three other local credit unions to form the Fond du Lac Credit Union Center at 460 Cedar Street. The credit union remained there until October 1978 when it moved to 288 W. Ninth Street (the site of the former Eaton’s store).
- 1974 — Fond du Lac City Employees CU’s charter was expanded to include employees of Moraine Park Technical Institute (now called Moraine Park Technical College), the Fond du Lac School District and International Paper.
- 1981 — Membership expanded again to include anyone who lived or worked in the City of Fond du Lac; Village of North Fond du Lac; and townships of Empire, Fond du Lac, Friendship and Taycheedah. This was also the year we began offering individual retirement accounts (IRA).
- 1983 — Our name was officially changed to Fond du Lac Credit Union.
- 1994 — Fond du Lac Credit Union opened membership to all residents of Fond du Lac County.
- 1995 — On Oct. 23, having outgrown the Ninth Street location, we moved again and opened our doors at 91 North Pioneer Road.
- 2004 — We expanded our membership to include anyone who lives or works in Dodge County.
- 2010 — Fond du Lac Credit Union constructed a new facility at our current location (91 N. Pioneer Road) to better accommodate our members. Whether you’re looking for a mortgage or just need a checking account, you’re sure to find our office comfortable and convenient.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Our Board of Directors is made of volunteers who establish objectives for the credit union, review and formulate policies, and approve goals and programs. You don’t have to be the president of a corporation to be on Fond du Lac Credit Union’s Board of Directors. What you do need is a genuine interest in how your credit union can “open doors” for members.
If you are at least 18 years old and have been a primary account holder in good standing for a minimum of 90 days, you are eligible to run for a three-year term on the Board of Directors. Duties include reviewing information prior to each monthly meeting, attending those meetings, fulfilling annual educational requirements and participating in committee involvement.
If you’re interested in running for a position on Fond du Lac Credit Union’s Board of Directors, contact Credit Union President Scott Roesch. He can be reached at (920) 921-1123.
OUR VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Mike Sweney — Chairman of the Board
- Marty Schibbelhut — Vice Chair
- Amy Collett — Secretary
- Jeremy Van Deraa— Treasurer
- Hannah Smet
- Mark VandeBerg