Applying for auto loans at Fond du Lac Credit Union is as easy as “ready, set, go!”
Whether you’re buying something for everyday travel or looking for something more recreational, we provide financing for both new and used vehicles. Financing is based on your current credit score, which is calculated from your past credit history and compared to common characteristics of other borrowers.
Because we know speed and convenience are important to you, our turnaround is within two business days — and if the request is urgent, we will do our best to accommodate. Save up to 0.25% on your qualified loan rate loan by signing up for auto-pay and e-Statements. GAP and the Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC) warranty is also available through Fond du Lac Credit Union.
For a personal sale — in other words, sales made with anyone other than a dealer — you’ll need a Bill of Sale Form.
Collateral that isn’t titled by either the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) have higher rates.
Fond du Lac Credit Union also provides gap coverage. You may be wondering, “What is GAP coverage, and why do I need it?” GAP coverage is an add-on product that covers the difference between the value of the vehicle (as determined by an insurance agent) and the balance of the loan if you were to total the vehicle.
The fee for GAP coverage can be added to your loan amount.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
The miles can add up but the repair costs don’t have to.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly future, coveredrepairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels and deductibles to choose, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program:
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- Rental reimbursement: up to $35/day for 1-5 days (1-10 days for parts delay. Available on first day of covered repair.)
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: up to $100 per use. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: up to $200 per day 1-5 days for food, lodging and rental when a breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Transferable: to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancelable: receive a full refund within the first 60 days or a pro-rated refund thereafter less an administrative fee.
- No out of pocket expense at time of mechanical repair: (except for any deductible and any repairs notcovered by the policy)–the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility.
Ask a Lending Specialist for details or receive a quote by calling us at 920-921-1123.
How to Apply For a Loan
Getting pre-approved at the credit union before you shop can help you stay within your budget and can save time at the dealer!