Any Fond du Lac Credit Union member with a personal checking account may apply for a debit card. When using this card to make a purchase, the purchase amount will be deducted from your checking account. You can use your debit card to get cash back from a purchase by using the issued PIN.
You may also use your debit card to withdraw cash from an ATM. Withdrawals from ATMs can be made from your personal checking account or a Fond du Lac Credit Union savings account.
The daily limits per debit card number are as follows:
- Point-of-sale (POS) transactions: $1,810.00
- ATM transactions: $310.00
The first five debit card transactions are free no matter the owner of the ATM. (While the Credit Union won’t charge you for the first five transactions per month, you may be charged a fee by the owner of the ATM.) If you are using the debit card at an ATM that is not owned by Fond du Lac Credit Union or in the Alliance One or Shazam networks, there will be a fee for each transaction.
How to Obtain a Debit Card
You will need to meet with one of Fond du Lac Credit Union’s member consultants to apply for a debit card. Appointments are preferred, though we do accept walk-ins.
Call 920-921-1123 to make an appointment.
IF YOUR DEBIT CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN CALL 1-800-383-8000
Debit Card Rewards
What could be more rewarding than earning while you spend? All you need is a Fond du Lac Credit Union debit card to enroll in the free Buzz Points™ program.
You’ll earn points whenever you use your debit card — and earn even more points when the card is used at local or preferred businesses. Redeem points for gift certificates to preferred businesses.
- Use your debit card with a PIN or signature anywhere and earn points for every dollar you spend.
- Use your card at a Buzz merchant and get even more rewards.
- Get extra points for different Fond du Lac Credit Union activities when we run special promotions.
- Redeem your points for cash rewards to your favorite Buzz merchants or gift cards from VISA & Discover.
Change to Saving
Sometimes our plans for saving money falls to the back burner, but a little can go a long way.
Fond du Lac Credit Union’s Change to Saving program rounds up the amount of all purchases made with your debit card to the next dollar and transfers the change to your personal savings account.
For example, if you make a $32.28 purchase, $33.00 will be deducted from your checking account, and $0.72 will be transferred to your savings account. Think of it like throwing your change in a jar, but instead of a jar, it goes directly to your personal savings at Fond du Lac Credit Union.
- Change to Saving is free!
- The program makes it easier to balance your checkbook; no cents to add or subtract with debit card purchases.
- The change adds up quickly, and you’re earning dividends in no time.
- Purchase returns will be credited to your checking account for the exact amount of the purchase only.
- You may cancel Change to Saving at any time.
- Consider signing up for e-Statements at the same time, since each debit card transaction will become two, and your statement will increase in length.