If numbers are your thing, we have the perfect career opportunity for you! Fond du Lac Credit Union has an opening to join our team as a full-time Accounting Associate. The person in this role will contribute to the Credit Union's success by performing a variety of support duties related to the accounting function. Things like:
- Reconciling all transactions for the Credit Union to the Daily Transaction Balancing Register.
- Completing back office processes for debit card fraud, including member calls to research fraud claims
- Processing debit card tokenization requests and submitting debit card limit increases
- Assisting front line staff with direct deposit, ACH split, ACH Origination, Debit Card & various other questions.
- Processing ACH daily, including returns and file balancing
- Processing wires
- Accounts Payable
- Maintaining up to date procedures for the positions duties
- and many other clerical operations
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a can-do attitude and takes initiative
- Is a high school graduate with some college or equivalent courses in accounting principles, or equivalent work experience.
- Has a thorough understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Has strong bookkeeping knowledge as well as great math, research and analytical skills.
- Has the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work with little supervision.
- Pays close attention to detail and has good communication skills
- Has one to three years previous experience in accounting related field.
- Is punctual and dependable.
- Previous experience in a Financial Institution accounting department.
- Familiarity with ACH process and procedures.
Fond du Lac Credit Union offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Health Saving Account Company Contribution
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Jean Fridays
- Volunteer Opportunities